That is a very good question! We are so excited that you are interested in learning more about us!
How PetHub Works:
- You create your pet’s free online profile on PetHub.com. The profile contains info about your pet including their name, breed, age, medications, allergies, multiple emergency contacts, etc.
- Link that profile to one (or more!) of our QR coded tags or collars.
- Choose your level of protection with our Basic (free) or Premium subscriptions. (learn more about the difference between the two here www.pethub.com/pricing)
Now for the fun stuff!
- When the tag is scanned with a smartphone, the Good Samaritan sees all the information you have made public on your pet’s profile including your contact info
- If they don’t have a smartphone, and you purchased a tag with our Call Center number, they simply call us and we’ll get you connected with the Good Samaritan (the 24/7 call center service is provided free with our free with all PetHub services)
- With a Premium subscription, you get an email & text notification that your pet’s tag was scanned. If we are able to pull GPS data from their phone, you will also receive an email or SMS text message with a link to a map providing directions to get to their location
- Also with a Premium subscription, you can start a PetHub Community Alert, which sends a virtual "Lost Pet Poster" to local shelters, rescues, vets and pet professionals, plus the PetHub community, and can be shared on social media!